This course is designed to deliver the necessary skills and knowledge to operate safely in a work environment, including work health and safety legislative requirements, construction hazards, and control measures, communication and reporting processes and incident response procedures.
Construction Induction Training (White Card) is compulsory for any person employed or engaged to perform construction work in the building and construction industry.
STANDARD program OUTLINE
During this course participants will learn:
- What is construction work?
- OHS/WHS requirements
- Safe work practices
- Access to site amenities such as drinking water and toilets
- Drugs and alcohol at work
- Plant and equipment including licencing
- High risk work licenced activities
- Personal protective equipment and clothing
- Preventing bullying and harassment
- Smoking on site
- Work health & safety common terms and definitions
- Risk management
- Reporting and record keeping
- Common workplace signage
- Workplace emergencies
- First aid response
DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
The program combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes, practical sessions involving small groups, Individual activities and assessment.
- To safely perform practical activities, participants are required to wear comfortable closed-in shoes.
- The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class if appropriate shoes are not worn.
- Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (E.G. Passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
- Statement of attainment will not be issued if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
- Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to the complete necessary registration paperwork.
- Basic understanding of English language
- To complete the course assessments, the basic understanding of reading and writing English is required.
On completion of this 6 hour program candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment.
The RTO will inform WorkSafe Victoria of your attainment and they will issue your actual Construction Induction White Card