This course is designed to deliver the competency required to control traffic using a stop/slow bat to ensure the safety of construction and maintenance workers, and the general public.
Due to the importance and the dangerous nature of controlling traffic VicRoads requires all field personnel designated as a Traffic Controller to have completed this accredited training, and to undertake a refresher course every three years.
STANDARD program OUTLINE
During this course participants will learn:
- What is traffic management?
- Traffic controllers responsibilities
- Health & safety rules
- Regulations and codes
- Operations documentation
- How to keep everyone safe
- Reading and checking your work instructions
- Work method statements
- Traffic management plans
- Traffic guidance scheme
- Emergency and evacuation procedures
- First aid
- Environmental protection requirements
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Traffic controller signs
- Using a stop-slow bat
- Using hand signals correctly
- Operating radios
- Preparing the site
- Clean up after operations
DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
The program combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes, practical sessions involving small groups, Individual activities and assessment.
- To safely perform practical activities, participants are required to wear comfortable closed-in shoes.
- The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class if appropriate shoes are not worn.
- Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (E.G. Passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
- Statement of attainment will not be issued if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
- Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to the complete necessary registration paperwork.
- Basic understanding of English language
- To complete the course assessments, the basic understanding of reading and writing English is required.
On completion of this 1 day program candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment.
You will receive your statement of attainment as a formal Certificate and in a handy wallet sized credit card format.