The need to nominate or employ suitably qualified Food Safety Supervisors in food businesses is a legislative requirement in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, however specific food safety supervisor requirements vary from state to state in relation to which food sectors / businesses must have Food Safety Supervisors.
STANDARD program OUTLINE
During this course participants will learn:
- Food Safety Supervisor responsibilities & the law
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Food Safety Programs - program types & structure
- HACCP principles
- Support Programs (cleaning, pest control, equipment & kitchen maintenance, calibration etc)
- Records & Logsheets
- Audits & council inspections
- Customer complaints and food recall
- Supervising & training of food handlers
DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- The program combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes, practical sessions involving small groups, Individual activities and assessment.
- To safely perform practical activities, participants are required to wear comfortable closed-in shoes.
- The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class if appropriate shoes are not worn.
- Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (E.G. Passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
- Statement of attainment will not be issued if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
- Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to the complete necessary registration paperwork.
- Basic understanding of English language
- To complete the course assessments, the basic understanding of reading and writing English is required.
On completion of this 1 day program candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment.
You will receive your statement of attainment as a formal Certificate and in a handy wallet sized credit card format.