Proactive’s Certificate IV in Food Processing is designed to upskill those who work in supervisory or middle management roles within food processing environments.
Workers in this position are responsible for using their high-level communication skills to coordinate a team of workers along processing lines
They are responsible for enforcing the correct handling of product to meet customers’ requirements including grading, packing, cool chain, hygiene, and dispatch.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Reinforce leadership responsibilities, communication, and team management
- Outline areas for improvement with the aim to minimise repetitive issues
- Discuss the challenges and workshop solutions
- Introduce the new measures that are going to be in place to improve GMP
- Implement accountability strategies
This training is ideal for employers who want to improve the skills of current, new, and potential staff members. Proactive can help by tailoring the training to meet the specific needs of your business.
Successful completion of FBP40321 Certificate IV in Food Processing may lead to careers in the following job roles:
- Food Production Manager
- Food Production Supervisor
- Quality Control and Assurance Supervisor
The following sets out how the units of competency making up this qualification are clustered for delivery and assessment. The 20 units of competency in the qualification have been organised into clusters under 7 module areas.
- Team Communication
- Managing Team Performance
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Safety Risk Audit and Analysis
- Maintaining Food Safety
- Leading Traceability and Recall Activities
- Managing Environmentally Sustainability
DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
Proactive programs are designed to be flexible, interactive and engaging. Face to face classroom training is complimented with relevant and current theory and practical hands on experience at the workplace or simulated environments.
The program combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes, practical sessions involving small groups, individual activities and ‘on the job’ delivery and assessment.
This program may be provided under Skills First and/or Commonwealth funding to eligible students.
STANDARD UNIT OUTLINE
- BSBLDR412 - Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
- BSBOPS403 - Apply business risk management processes
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures, and programs
- FBPFSY4001 - Supervise and maintain a food safety plan
- FBPTEC4003 - Control food contamination and spoilage
- FBPTEC4007 - Describe and analyse data using mathematical principles
- MSMENV472 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work
- FBPPPL3007 - Support and mentor individuals and groups
- BSBCMM412 - Lead difficult conversations
- BSBLDR411 - Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- FBPPPL4001 - Manage people in the work area
- BSBCRT411 - Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBSTR401 - Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBSTR502 - Facilitate continuous improvement
- FBPFSY4005 - Conduct a traceability exercise
- FBPTEC4008 - Participate in product recalls
- FBPFSY4003 - Perform an allergen risk review
- FBPPPL4007 - Manage internal audits
- Attend 20 days of face to face supervised training over 10 -12 months that includes observable learning activities including:
- Group and 1 on 1 sessions
- Trainer led Toolbox Talks
- Trainer led compliance workshops
- Trainer Observation of workplace practice
- General discussion and
- Complete10-12 months of self-paced unsupervised learning that includes:
- Group Project Work
- Knowledge checks and
Please note: Unit versions are representative of current training package requirements and may be updated as required.
To achieve this qualification students are required to:
Components of this program may require students to have access to a computer and internet access, and possess digital literacy to enable the completion of several online learning activities.