Proactive’s Certificate III in Food Processing is designed for those in production roles that require the application of industry-specific skills and knowledge including technical and problem-solving abilities.
This qualification prepares individuals for multi-skilled outcomes and roles, such as team leader functions within the production environment.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have a fundamental understanding of food safety guidelines and procedures, including how to monitor food quality programs and contribute to Occupational Health and Safety practices.
This training is ideal for employers who want to improve the skills of current, new, and potential staff members. Proactive can help by tailoring the training to meet the specific needs of your business.
Successful completion of FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing may lead to careers in the following job roles:
- Food/Beverage Production Technician/Process Worker
- Assistant Quality Officer
- Food/Beverage Quality Control Officer
The following sets out how the units of competency making up this qualification are clustered for delivery and assessment. The 17 units of competency in the qualification have been organised into clusters under 6 module areas.
- Work Safely in the Food Industry
- Monitor Food Safety Procedures And Waste Management
- Receiving, Storing And Despatching Raw Materials and Finished Goods
- Applying Good Manufacturing Practices To Control Contaminates
- Operating and Maintaining Food Packaging Equipment
- Implementing Tools to Improve Productivity
DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
Proactive programs are designed to be flexible, interactive and engaging. Face to face classroom training is complimented with relevant and current theory and practical hands on experience at the workplace or simulated environments.
The program combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes, practical sessions involving small groups, individual activities and ‘on the job’ delivery and assessment.
This program may be provided under Skills First and/or Commonwealth funding to eligible students.
STANDARD UNIT OUTLINE
- FBPWHS3001 - Contribute to work health and safety processes
- FBPOPR3019 - Operate and monitor interrelated processes in a production or packaging system
- FBPFSY3003 - Monitor the implementation of food safety and quality programs
- FBPFSY3004 - Participate in traceability activities
- FBPOPR3021 - Apply good manufacturing practice requirements in food processing
- FBPWHS2001 - Participate in work health and safety processes
- HLTWHS005 - Conduct manual tasks safely
- FBPOPR3004 - Set up a production or packaging line for operation
- FBPOPR2095 - Clean and sanitise equipment
- FBPOPR3022 - Receive and store raw materials for food processing
- TLIA0015 - Organise receival and despatch operations
- TLIA0004 - Complete receival and despatch documentation
- FBPPPL3008 - Establish compliance requirements for work area
- MSMENV272 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSS402040 - Apply 5S procedures
- MSS402051 - Apply quality standards
- FBPFSY3005 - Control contaminants and allergens in food processing
- Attend 20 days of face to face supervised training over 10 -12 months that includes observable learning activities including:
- Group and 1 on 1 sessions
- Trainer led Toolbox Talks
- Trainer led compliance workshops
- Trainer Observation of workplace practice
- General discussion and
- Complete10-12 months of self-paced unsupervised learning that includes:
- Group Project Work
- Knowledge checks and
Please note: Unit versions are representative of current training package requirements and may be updated as required.
To achieve this qualification students are required to:
Components of this program may require students to have access to a computer and internet access, and possess digital literacy to enable the completion of several online learning activities.