This purpose built skill set course is ideal for anyone seeking to work in the construction industry and specifically in traffic control and management.
Covering key topics such as; controlling traffic, documentation, hazard identification and safe operating practices. The course takes a fun, interactive approach to training by combining both hands-on activities with theoretical learning and caters to both those seeking to enter in to this growing industry and those looking to refresh their prior skills and knowledge.
STANDARD program OUTLINE
During this course participants will learn:
Day 1: TRAFFIC CONTROL
(RIIWHS205D CONTROL TRAFFIC WITH STOP-SLOW BAT)
- What is traffic management
- Traffic controller’s responsibilities
- Working safely
- Tools and equipment
- Controlling traffic
- Site set up and maintenance
Day 2: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
(RIIWHS302D IMPLEMENT TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN)
- Traffic management plan
- Hazard identification and control
- Environmental protection
- Dealing with traffic offences
- Monitoring traffic control performance
Day 3: CONSTRUCTION INDUCTION WHITE CARD
(CPCCWHS1001 PREPARE TO WORK SAFELY IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY)
- What is construction work?
- OHS/WHS requirements
- Drugs and alcohol at work
- Plant and equipment including high risk work licenced activities
- Personal protective equipment and clothing
- Smoking on site
- Reporting and record keeping
- Common workplace signage
- Workplace emergencies and first aid response
On completion of this 3 day program candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment.