First aid certification is an important compliance requirement in the Australian workplace.
First aid emergencies can occur anywhere at any time. Proper first aid training prepares you to handle a variety of first aid emergencies proficiently
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
STANDARD program OUTLINE
During this course participants will learn:
- Managing an unconscious casualty
- Priorities of First Aid – DRSABCD
- CPR – Adult, Child & Infant
- General first aid practices
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Contacting and alerting emergency response authorities
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- The program combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes, practical sessions involving small groups, Individual activities and assessment.
- All Participants MUST complete online pre reading quiz before attending day 2
- To safely perform practical activities, participants are required to wear comfortable closed-in shoes.
- The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class if appropriate shoes are not worn.
- Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (E.G. Passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
- Statement of attainment will not be issued if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
- Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to the complete necessary registration paperwork.
- Basic understanding of English language
- To complete the course assessments, the basic understanding of reading and writing English is required.
On completion of this 2 day program candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment.
You will receive your statement of attainment as a formal Certificate and in a handy wallet sized credit card format.