COVID19 has had a immense impact on the way Australians interact with each other at work and in our daily lives. It is important that all businesses and workers ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
The BSBSS00095- Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set is an accredited online program available to help staff in critical industries identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections. This training is government-subsidised and offer free of charge to eligible applicants.
After completion of the training, participants will be able to confidently:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
STANDARD program OUTLINE
During this course participants will learn:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
The program is delivered as a blended online and workplace observation model.
- The program combines an online audio-visual presentation followed by a short quiz based on presentation content. Our training team will then confirm through direct and third-party observation your ongoing compliance to COVID and infection control procedures in your workplace.
- Applicants must be employed in Victoria at the time of enrolling into this course.
- Applicants are only eligible if they have not completed this any of the other Skills First Funded Skillset since January 1st including:
- HLTSS00064 Infection control Skill Set
- HLTSS00065 Infection control Skill Set (Retail)
- HLTSS00066 Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling)
- HLTSS00067 Infection control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics)
- Any Construction Industry Skillset (listed here)
- 22510VIC Course in identifying and responding to family violence risk
- Applicants must not be International students on a student visa
- Computer and internet access are required to complete this course
- Must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) registered
- Must have completed the mandated Proactive Pre-Training Review prior to commencement of Training