With more than 160 locations in 35 countries, CAE is a worldwide leader in training for the civil aviation, defense and security, and healthcare industries. For 70 years, the company has strived to make flying safer, maintain defense force readiness, and enhance patient safety.
Each year, CAE is tasked with training more than 220,000 civil and defense crewmembers, including 135,000 pilots. The company needed an electronic delivery platform for engaging users with content—whether at home or in the air.
CAE turned to ViaTech’s Active Reader, a device-agnostic enterprise application that provides secure digital access to training documents and empowers users to engage with their content.
- Active Reader integrates with CAE’s existing enterprise systems to provide a seamless user experience.
- The civil and defense crewmembers who depend on CAE’s training often operate from a plane or remote facility without reliable network access. Active Reader allows users to pre-load documents to their devices so they can be reached with or without an Internet connection.
- With representation in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific, ViaTech is uniquely positioned to support CAE employees and customers around the globe.
- CAE works directly with ViaTech to make changes and updates to its platform. Active Reader now supports video, interactive file types, and virtual training experiences—all key company offerings.
- Active Reader gives users the ability to mark up, draw on, and highlight their training materials. Trainees also have the flexibility to organize their files and record text, audio, and video notes as they learn.
The leader in its field, CAE controls 35 percent of the civil training market. Using print, it was easy for trade secrets to fall into the wrong hands. By shifting to a digital delivery approach, CAE seriously mitigated its security risk and eliminated the costs associated with traditional printing and shipping.
Active Reader also gives CAE information on who viewed what content and for how long, which is invaluable in understanding how to structure training material updates, edits, and rewrites.
For 20 years, ViaTech has automated the distribution of learning, compliance, and one-to-one marketing communications. Hundreds of global brands rely on its comprehensive suite of software to streamline their content creation and delivery processes. For more information about Active Reader, visit: ar.viatech.io.