JLL determined that its front-line manager program, which had been around for many years, needed an overhaul to ensure the commercial real estate firm would be able to meet emerging business needs, including:
- Increasing ways to meet other managers globally
- Aligning managers to new leadership expectations (new leadership competencies identified by the leadership team)
- Driving managers to understand the value of Diversity and Inclusion
- Business leaders modeling the behaviors
From these needs, JLL created a new signature program that is part of its Real Leadership platform—an end-to-end leadership development strategy. This program is for the “Leading Others” segment (those who manage individual contributors).
This six-module course is virtually based and instructor led. The course:
1. Has a strong video base: Instructors and employees use video to engage in new ways.
2. Crosses business units: This allows managers to interact with and meet others.
3. Is led by business leaders: JLL invites high-potential managers to share their own best practices.
4. Is bite-size in nature: JLL uses short videos and pre-reads to engage participants.
5. Is reinforced by a manager teach-back moment: This ensures participants share with their managers what they learn. And a microsite was created so managers have the principles at their fingertips.
In addition, the course is reinforced live online using Adobe Presenter and with immediate knowledge checks.
Since the launch in April 2018, more than 2,000 managers have attended this program, with learners consistently rating it between 4.5 and 4.8 on quality. There continues to be a waiting list to attend.
JLL also is seeing a 10 percent increase in its Diversity and Inclusion metrics. And client satisfaction surveys are at an all time high, with two out of four of JLL’s Life Sciences accounts ranking the firm as Supplier of the Year, for example.