This course is designed to deliver the competency required to interpret and implement traffic management plans to ensure the safety of construction and maintenance workers, and the general public.
Due to the importance and the dangerous nature of controlling traffic VicRoads requires all field personnel designated as a Traffic Controller to have completed this accredited training, and to undertake a refresher course every three years.
STANDARD program OUTLINE
During this course participants will learn:
- Traffic management plan
- Traffic guidance scheme
- Check traffic controller accreditation
- Identifying and controlling hazards
- Site isolation and traffic control
- Prepare to implement traffic management plan
- Traffic control situations and duities
- Tapers signage and devices
- Checks and maintenance
- Site conditions
- Traffic volumes and work activities
- Working with traffic delays
- Setting out signs and devices
- Planned positioning sequences
- Protecting work crew
- Monitor traffic flow and the traffic guidance scheme
- Adjusting the traffic guidance scheme
- Monitor traffic controller performance
- Deal with traffic offences
On completion of this 1 day program candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment.
You will receive your statement of attainment as a formal Certificate and in a handy wallet sized credit card format.